1.1.08

A CARTHUSIAN : THE HEART TUNED

'


'

A Carthusian
THE HEART TUNED

What an immense grace to love the Word,
To ponder here before Scripture my heart
Tuned by faith! The Word alone can pluck
My heart’s strings; my soul can resonate
With feelings in harmony with his. My heart’s
A lyre, the Word the great musician; his touch
Is masterful. He pays the whole stretch
Of human sensibilities; and these
He felt from makeshift cradle to monstrous death.
That all my thinking were narrowed down to this:
Scripture, the secret keyhole through which we spy
The immensities of God and where we kneel
In adoration ecstatic in his Word…




For Marianne


From: A Carthusian The Silence of the Lotus. Poems 2007.Illustration: A Carthusian, 2007.




Copyriht©A Carthusian, Great Britain 2007

No comments: